Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Update~

Sorry I haven`t written in a while! Here`s a quick update of what I`ve been doing.

So, this past Saturday, I went with my host father and sister to Asakusa. We visited a famous shrine and walked through the alley of souvenir shops (tourist traps!!) There was a ridiculous amount of foreigners. I was told that while people from Tokyo don`t often visit Asakusa (despite it being an immensely interesting place), it's pretty popular with the rest of Japan. I ate sushi for the first time in Japan. It was delicious and suprisingly cheap. My sister and I both ate 1.5 person portions...After that, we visited Kappabashi. This is Tokyo's center of cooking goods. It wasn't as crowded as Asakusa, but it was fascinating. We visited shops that sold the plastic food models that you see outside of Japanese restaurants. They were crazy expensive! They all looked realistic. The fruit had small marks on them, and the drinks had water droplets on the outside.  On the back of all the models, there's a sticker that says 'not edible'. I bought a small keychain for a friend. I have to resist eating it.

I'll finish this update tomorrow! I'll try to write more.

3 comments: