Sunday, July 1, 2012

In Japan!

As of now, I have been in Japan for 3 days. Currently, I am typing on a computer with a very different keyboard so excuse any strange typos that I may make. I`m not sure where my camera cable is, so I won`t be posting pictures for a while.
I am currently with my host family.The adjustment isn`t nearly as difficult as I thought it would be. Actually, the most different thing is that I feel ridiculously tall here! In America, I`m considered a bit short, but in Japan I tower a couple centimetres above the majority of females. I`ve never been tall before, so it`s quite a change. I feel like Godzilla or something, not quite sure if I enjoy being tall. I`ve only seen one person staring at me. I suppose people in Tokyo are used to foreigners.
I really like the houses here! Looking around, it`s like a puzzle. It`s because of a severe lack of space, I`ve been told. It`s quite impressive, I`ll try to post a picture later.
Today is my first day of school. I`m wondering how it will turn out...
I don`t have much time, but I will write later, hopefully with pictures next time. I just wanted to do a quick update. じゃ、またね。

7 comments:

  1. :) write more, I want to hear all about it :) (D. gave me your blog link FYI) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, an update! Glad to hear you're doing fine. Don't go stomping on buildings ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, my friend Ksenia might be in Tokyo this weekend. I hope you'd be able to meet up with her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Elizabeth! Glad to see you are doing well in Tokyo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope things are okay in Sapporo, according to your blog they are :D

      Delete
    2. It's going smooth! How's school?

      Delete
    3. I had some difficulties with it at first but we`re working it out. There`s been a lot of confusion lately.

      Delete